Christmas finally arrived at the White House! We got off to a great start - Emily loved all of Santa's offerings, especially the Dora bicycle she's been hoping she would get. She especially loved all of the "free" presents - things she didn't ask for but which were delivered anyway, probably because she's been so good this year. I love this explanation -she came up with it herself. She believes that Santa really only brings one gift...a notion which I'm loath to contradict. At any rate, Santa hit a home run this year. She had to open all of her gifts wearing her new Dora Snuggie. Actually, it's a "wrappie," but who's looking? We had a wonderful lunch with the rest of the White clan, including Aunt Betty. CiCi came along a little later due to Great Grandmother taking a tumble out of bed early on Christmas morning but she still arrived in time to see Emily tear into more gifts. Later in the evening, we traveled to Nanny's for leftovers, Uno, and a little homemade wine. Then we carted everything we had accumulated along the way back home to the White House only to discover that we had left leopard cub at Mim and Papa's. Oh the weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth! Bedtime couldn't come soon enough on Christmas night - Emily was overtired, overexcited, and overstimulated! Wait, or was that Mommy and Daddy? Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!
He came!

Death grip on the leopard cub


Rocking the Snuggie. It's like a fleecy straightjacket.



She mentioned that Santa was an excellent wrapper.


He ate our snacks! Those rice krispy treats were yummy - I made them myself! FYI - Jan Brett's Night Before Christmas is the most beautifully illustrated one I've ever seen. Take a peek at it sometime. All of her books are wonderful.

She loved the polar bear Coke she found in her stocking.

Run, run, as fast as you can! Gingerbread always seems like a good idea, but it actually tastes pretty funky to me. She bit the head off of this guy and then told me I could have the rest.

Her gifts to us

Loves to play hopscotch on her new rug

Possibly inappropriate, but so classic Emily that it had to be included.

Shooting some hoops with Uncle David

Loving on Aunt Betty. She always brings a bag of goodies to any family gathering. She brought Emily a bag of costume jewelry this year. Poor Emily - she doesn't stand a chance getting between me and Betty's jewelry. I already have my eye on half of it!

She served us some tea at lunch with a new tea set from Baby Jace.


Playing a little Wii while Betty looks on

T.C. takes a timeout from the madness

I love Aunt Betty! If Donald is ever unkind to me, I'm moving to Decatur to live with her.

Couldn't get Emi to make a straight face for a group shot


Doing a little boxing on the day after Christmas. Wait...it's Boxing Day! Get it???
Hope your day was wonderful!
No comments:
Post a Comment