Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Yellow River Game Ranch

Emily's class took their annual trip to the Yellow River Game Ranch and Donald and I were able to go along for the ride. She had an excellent time petting all of the animals and sharing her animal crackers with them. I think she ate as many animal crackers as she shared with them, but who's counting? She was absolutely exhausted by the end of the day, even though she took a nap in the car on the way home. Come to think of it, we were both exhausted, as well!

Let's get this party started!

Feeding frenzy at the front gate. We learned that deer love broccoli.



A little fruit to balance out the cracker-carbs.


Watch out for the teeth! Abby learned this lesson the hard way!

Eat the cracker, not the fence!

Possibly the best picture of the day.

I love this!

Spending time with the pigs. Very bristly!

Little Miss Doolittle

She was so proud of catching the rabbit!

Posing with a friend

The peacock showed off for us. He screamed all day long!

Visiting General Lee's house. Emily told us he must have died. We finally realized that she thought the marker out front was his tombstone! Not quite sure what this pinup girl pose is all about.

A change of clothes and it's time for lunch! She asked that we close the back of the car so that no one would see her "nakedness."


She was too punch drunk tired to even smile for a picture at this point. Time to head home!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the animal pictures! They are GREAT! I was thinking maybe a rabbit or Emily's birthday......