Sunday, May 02, 2010

Soccer - First Attempt

Emily arrived for her first soccer game with the largest entourage of any other muppet on the field - Mommy, Daddy, Mimi, Papa, Abby, and Granddaddy all came out to support her. Unfortunately, she only had about five minutes of playing time before the bottom absolutely fell out - frog choker, gully washer, pine knot floater....whatever you want to call it. It was the coldest rain that I've ever felt! We ruined two umbrellas and nearly drowned trying to get all of us back to the car. I was able to snap one picture of her before we left the house and then another soggy one when we returned home. She was a really good sport about the whole thing and is excited to strap on her boots and head out to the pitch again. Check me out with the cool soccer lingo! You'd never guess that 12 years after marrying Donald I still can't tell when the players are off sides. What does that really mean, anyway?

Classic soccer pose with her cool purple ball


A little soggy, but happy
Love the socks and shoes!

No comments: