Saturday, July 03, 2010

Circus Days

This week we made our yearly summer trek to see the FSU Flying High Circus perform at Callaway Gardens. Donald and I took the girls down and had a pre-circus picnic on the beach before heading up to the big top to the see the performance. If you've never been, it's such a fun time for the kids - and free, which is always nice! You can check out the FSU program online at http://circus.fsu.edu/
I think it's hilarious that students can sign up for circus classes as elective credit. Just think - if West Georgia offered such a program, we could all have been learning trapeze skills instead of line dancing or appreciating art ( I dropped that class, anyway). The weather was wonderful and the show was excellent. We're thinking we might go again next week!KFC from the corner gas station. We're living dangerously!
Looking serious

So many mosquito bites! And now, probably sand fleas, as well!

They really wanted to stay to play in the sand more than they wanted to see the circus at this point.
Practicing her tightrope walking
All the ladies!

The ladies and the lone gentleman



They were excited to get to sit on the top of the bleachers. So much to see!

I like this - who knows what they're whispering?

Curls!


Circus tradition - after the show, the girls have to practice what they saw. Donald had to give them both some help trying out their cartwheels.


And now for the ride home!

No comments: