Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Graduation Day!

It's been a long time coming, but on December 14th I graduated with my doctoral degree from the University of West Georgia.  Yay me!  My sister and I made the rainy trek out to Carrollton very early - she had to drop me at the curb and go look for a parking spot because the traffic was so snarled up that I wasn't going to make it into the auditorium on time.  I love the sense of community that can pop up during chaos like crazy weather - all the graduates were sharing umbrellas, adjusting other graduates' robes and hoods, and helping everyone find their right spot in the processional.  I had a lovely cheering section who also made the rainy trek to see me walk the stage and get my hood.  So proud to count myself among the doctors that West Georgia has produced and to add my research to the body of work covering media specialists and media programs. 














No comments: