Just wanted to take a moment to share some pictures from our New Year's celebration. We had a pretty quiet New Year's - we spent the evening at the Farr House for dinner and Scattergories and then came home to put Emily to bed. After she settled down, Donald and I watched the Peach drop and played Scrabble (in between prayers that the neighbors' fireworks wouldn't wake the baby!) Everyone came to our house for the traditional meal of greens and blackeyed peas on New Year's Day. As undomestic as I am, I did manage to make two pans of cornbread (one of about five recipes that I've mastered) and Donald did the rest. Thanks to Nanny for the turnip greens! It seems strange that just a few years ago, we were drinking ginger ale at our first house and toasting the new baby that was on the way. Now she's a wild-haired toddler with definite opinions on just about everything! Happy New Year to all of our friends and family. We're looking forward to a great 2008!
2 comments:
We had such a wonderful time with you all! We must do it again soon! I love to hear Emily talk to me...She is sooo funny!
Emily is so cute and such a big girl now!! She's grown so much and with her hair pulled back she just looks like a big girl. Crazy how fast they grow.
We hope to see ya'll sometime soon. You'll have to come for a visit in our new house.
Happy New Year!
Post a Comment