Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A Trip to the Circus...Finally!

We actually made it to the circus this time on a night when they were performing! Donald, Emily, and I met up with Mimi, Papa, and Abby at Callaway Gardens to see the Flying Seminoles perform their high-flying act. And hold on to your seats...I drove on the way down. Most of you know that I don't drive unless it's a state of national emergency! Emily's face was priceless...as were all of the "ticks" (tricks) she performed for the spectators during the show. She was so carried away by the acrobats that she wanted to swing around all over the place, too. We spent some quality time in the parking lot letting Donald swing her around after the show to get some of the boogie out of her for the trip home. Both girls had lots of fun eating loads of junk - Emily had never tried cotton candy before and really enjoyed it. And as an added bonus, a woman behind us tried to set me up with her son before she realized that Donald and I were together. That's what I get for going out without my wedding rings! We got some cute pictures with the girls and the performers after the show before whisking Emily into her PJs in the parking lot and heading home. She sang Elvis songs and whispered the story of the Three Little Pigs to herself the whole trip home before finally collapsing as we passed the Cannongate golf ball. What a great way to spend a summer evening!


She's crazy about anything purple
Sugar in a bag...YES!
Performances during the show
You can't see it, but the performer's shins were bleeding!
Those are some tight shiny pants!
Performances after the show
Ready for the drive home!

No comments: