Saturday, August 09, 2008

Biker Chic

Emily's had a rough couple of days. We took her to the doctor this week and discovered that she has the hand, foot, and mouth virus (I want to call it hoof and mouth - like a cow!) instead of what we thought was strep. I'm glad she didn't have strep but still pretty bummed about the diagnosis. She has been in a lot of pain for a couple of days because her mouth is broken out in blisters. And as the rest of you parents out there know - no sleep for baby means no sleep for us! Fortunately, the infection is only supposed to last about 10 days and I think we're coming to the end of it. After several days lying in front of the TV and watching Curious George DVDs, she asked to go outside and ride her Dora bicycle - a gift from Santa last Christmas that she's only now really growing into! I dressed her up in a very cha-cha dress and we took her out to ride on the driveway. She had a great time and it was great to see her laughing again. Thanks to everyone who has called to check on us! Get outside and enjoy this slightly cooler weather!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad your biker chic is feeling better! I put some new pics up today! We need to get together!! Amy W.

Anonymous said...

We are so HAPPY that Snootie Bob is better! Love, Amy, Her other sister Abby and Gabby!