Thursday, March 25, 2010

Blast from the Past

While watching Extreme Cake Challenge on Food TV (how lucky am I to have a daughter who likes to watch the food and decorating channels?), Emily was intrigued by the beauty pageant cakes the chefs were creating. She wanted to know if I had ever been in a pageant and if so, what I wore. Coincidentally, (well, not coincidence - I save LOTS of stuff) I had in my hope chest the dress I was wearing when I won my first pageant tiara...and the tiara, as well. It was a little large on her but I think we definitely have a contender on our hands. We practiced three point turns and waves later on. Not really, but I did play "announcer" just like Mimi used to do for me. And without further ado, introducing Miss Emily White, contestant number 7. She enjoys drawing with markers, eating plain noodles, and really does want world peace.





No comments: