Monday, December 13, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving at the White House! We attempted to cook a turkey for the very first time and, despite circling cats and lots of nervousness, Mr. Turkey came out looking beautifully browned and delicious! I'm thankful to say that Tom didn't split open and dry out like the bird in Christmas Vacation. Thank goodness for the digital thermometer! What a great day - hope yours was equally full of food and family! Did he think we would just set an extra place for him? Check out Emily's excellent turkey centerpiece in the background. That thing had about a million little pieces.
Hooray!

Emily gets roll duty now. I had to do it when I was her age, so I've passed the buck along to her.

A thousand yums for the homemade cranberry sauce!

Time to eat!

We watched a YouTube video to figure out how to carve it! Honebaked has always done it for us in the past.

Trying to figure out Granddady's new iPad.

My contribution - an orange marmalade cake. I dirtied every dish in the place to make this cake but it was worth it!

Yummy cupcakes

Emily's getting the tired eyes.

Again with the iPad

Trying to beat Uncle David at the Wii

No comments: