Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Seeing Double

Following in a grand family tradition, Abby failed her school vision test and had to go to the optometrist for an official visit. The verdict: nearsightedness, with a prescription for glasses. Fortunately for all of us, Abby was really excited about getting classes - and so was Emily. She told me that she hopes that she'll get glasses one day, too. I told her not to worry because if genetics are any indication, she'll probably be needing glasses some time next week. Abby came by to model her two new pairs of specs this week and Emily was so entranced that she put on glasses of her own (purple, of course - a Valentine's present from Mim) to follow Abby around the house. I found them looking at the laptop together and noticed Emily's getup just in time to snap a picture. And as a sidenote - Abby is lucky because glasses are WAY cooler than they were when I was her age. I remember one disastrous pair of glasses that had orange tinted lenses. Why would we choose those? It also didn't help that one of the lenses was so thick that it enabled me to see back in time. Abby just looks like a trendy version of Velma from Scooby Doo. That's a compliment, by the way.

No comments: