Emily was recently invited to what promised to be an absolutely fantastic tea party thrown by some friends of ours. However, on the day of the party, she was running a fever. I didn't want to be the Mom who takes the feverish kid to the party and infects all the others, so we opted to stay home and rest instead. Emily was VERY disappointed to have missed out on the fun (we had already packed a bag of dress-up clothes to take with us and a special animal to share her tea!), so we tried to recreate the fun a few days later when she was feeling better. Mom, and Amy, and I joined Abby and Emily for tea at the Farr House, complete with costumes and fancy food. Amy and I had a good laugh because the teapot we used is from Mom's old set of china. I saved it when she got rid of the dishes because Amy and I used to play tea party with it when we were little. They think it's hilarious that among my many sets of dishes I have a set (plus linens!) that are reserved especially for little girl tea parties. Any good hostess is always prepared for these things, right? At any rate, the girls had a good time together and refused to take their costumes off for several hours while they chased each other around the house waving their fairy wands. I'm looking forward to a repeat performance sometime soon!



1 comment:
Those are my beautiful girls! I love them to pieces!
Post a Comment