Sunday, June 27, 2010

New White House Interns

Many of you know that we lost our good friend of ten years, T.C., this summer. I was surprised at just how empty the house seemed without him running around. Donald and I decided that the best way to deal with his loss was to use it as an opportunity to give two other boys a good home, so we visited our friends at RescueCats in Fayetteville and are proud to introduce you to Ringo and John. Until we get them collars, the only way to tell them apart is that John has wider rings around his tail....and a green dot inside his ear that the nice adoption lady drew on with a Sharpie! They are still a bit shell shocked in their new environment (who wouldn't be with a four year old chasing you around?) but are becoming quite snuggly. It's fun to watch their night crazies - they're chasing each other around the living room as I type this! I highly recommend RescueCats if you're interested in adopting a new cat. You can visit them online at www.rescuecats.org. Wonderful mission! Hope you enjoy the pictures of the new interns at the White House. We'll post more soon when they stop running around so much! First night home
Love those big ears!
I love the way Emily's holding my ear in this picture. You can tell she's sleepy.
Sunday morning in a sunny patch on the couch
They're very elegant for lanky teenagers

Catching some snuggles after Nanny's dinner party



Hey...who ate the last treat?

No comments: