Emily has decided that she's ready to tackle soccer again. We decided that she needed some "remediation" over the summer before signing up in the fall because all of the kids her age have been playing for a few years and are a bit ahead of her in terms of skill level. She's playing indoor this summer and heading to a three day camp, also. We took a trip to Dick's and picked out all of the necessary apparel - shorts, socks, shin guards, etc. Dick's is a conundrum to me - I don't even recognize what most of the stuff there is for. How can a lacrosse stick, which is basically a broomstick with a sock tied to the end of it, cost so much? She had a great time at her first game - ran herself until she was completely sweaty and red faced. However, it's a great introduction to soccer - plenty of playing time and very low stress. She's having a great time on the field, which is exactly what we wanted. After a stop for lunch and the obligatory post-game slushie, we headed home for a nice long nap. I like this routine!
 |
| Emily and Coach - that's right, she suckered him in. |
 |
| I contributed the hairstyle, which I think is pretty fantastic. |
No comments:
Post a Comment