I took this sweet picture of Abby and Emily at Nanny's this weekend. I love how the big barn looks in the background. We spent the afternoon sitting in rocking chairs under the carport while the girls played with Buddy, Uncle Larry's new dog, and begged for rides on the golf cart. They made me think of me, Shea, Amy, and Angie playing when we were little - alternately loving on each other and fighting with each other. In this picture, they are digging in the dirt, which was a major occupation for us when we were little. Nanny mentioned that she couldn't believe the things they let us do when we were little - we played in the creek and down at her lake without any adults, rode the four wheeler all over the woods with no helmet, and operated on nearly every citizen of Palmetto with our doctor's office. Shea and I spent long afternoons boiling water on the wood stove in my playhouse (it's a wonder we didn't set our hair on fire!) and knocking over ant hills. I wonder what our girls will get into as they get older?
No comments:
Post a Comment