Friday, October 16, 2009

Interior Decorating

Between me and Mimi, Emily gets to watch lots of HGTV. Apparently, it is wearing off on her. Here are two pictures of her latest decorating projects.

I pulled out my totes of fall decorating stuff and began putting things out this weekend. Emily decided to help me out in the dining room by decorating her pink piano. She scammed several things from my box of goodies, including several pieces of fabric, a few pumpkins, and some leaves. She also scavenged throughout the house for several other non-seasonal items to include in the mix. This decorating scheme has many layers - note the Halloween stickers above the keyboard on the piano, the stuffed rat ("because rats go with Halloween"), and the picture of me and Donald (are we in the same league as the rats and the jack-o-lanterns? Not sure about the reasoning behind this choice.) She was very proud of her work and refused to let me have back the resin pumpkin, even though I offered to trade her a garland of silk leaves. I assume she didn't want to compromise the integrity of her design.

Don't blink. You're seeing correctly. That's a toilet seat decorated with cartoon character Band-Aids. She is very proud of this work of art and gets agitated if I mention taking them off. Like any four-year-old, Emily loves Band-Aids and always has some boo-boo (real or invented) that needs attention. One afternoon, I indulged in a little reading while she was playing. When I noticed she had been quiet for a bit, I went looking for her and found her in the midst of creating this masterpiece. It's in the guest bathroom, so come on by and visit it sometime!


No comments: