Friday, October 16, 2009

Library Tea Party

The Newnan Central Library is absolutely fantastic and has loads of fun things for children to do. We visited there last weekend for Science Saturday (that's right - I'm married to Bill Nye and Emily is following in his footsteps) and had a fun time making Oobleck (cornstarch and water) and listening to stories. This happens the second Saturday of each month, if anyone out there is interested! They also have lots of other fun things for little ones to do but many events are held during the week so that working mommies like myself miss out on all the fun. Fortunately, today was one of my furlough days and I was able to take Emily to the Fancy Schmancy Tea Party, which is held once per quarter. Lots of fun! She had a great time listening to stories, sipping tea, and making tissue paper flowers with about twenty other very fancy boys and girls. If I had to take a furlough day, this was definitely the way to spend it! We even got to meet Donald for lunch later and take a quick trip to the "old store" - always a favorite (mine, not Donald's). If you were also celebrating Furlough Day today, I hope it was a good one for you!

She loves to strike a pose.

Having some snacks
Cute decorations - and she even drank real tea with sugar cubes.

Meeting some new friends

Showing off her artwork

Not the greatest photo of us - Donald caught us both before we smiled! But it's the only one I have of the two of us. She was just about finished with picture-taking at this point and was in need of a nap. What a treat fpr me to get to take a nap midday. I love it! I would be so much more productive at work if I could have a thirty minute power nap after lunch.

No comments: